By Clube da Aposta/ Apuestas Club
Are you sometimes in doubt about a sports betting term or acronym? This is very common. After all, many expressions are particular.
So, we have prepared a glossary for you to stay on top of the topic:
The main betting terms
- Live Betting: Betting on an event that is currently happening.
- Pre-match betting: betting on an event before it starts.
- Bank: total money available to the player.
- Bad run: sequence of negative results.
- Both Team To Score (BTTS): a market that offers the option for both teams to score a point or a goal.
- Draw No Bet (DNB): bet in which the value is returned in case of a draw.
- Double Chance (DC): a market that allows you to bet on two outcomes. Example: Team A win or draw.
- Asian Handicap (HC or AH): a market that offers an advantage or disadvantage to a team.
- Half Time/ Full Time (HT/FT): a market to bet on a result at half-time and at the end of the match.
- Money Line (ML): a term used to bet on the winner of a match
- Odd: quote for a bet.
- Over/Under: it is the market in which you bet on a specific number of goals/points in a match. That is, in the sum of the points of both teams.
- Pick: guess for a particular event.
- Return Over Investment (ROI): determines a percentage of your return on investment. Higher ROI percentages = higher profit with less invested capital.
- Stake: default value for a bet.
- Tipster: bettor who provides betting tips.
- Underdog: the weakest team in a duel.